Keep It Simple and do not forget the Celery Salt!
Below are a few recipes that we make throughout the week for a quick, easy, and somewhat healthy meal!
This is a work in progress page so as we discover new ways to cook with them we will continue to add!
- 4 to 7 Mushrooms of your choice
- 4 to 7 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Eggs
- Celery Salt and Pepper
* Sautee mushrooms and tomatoes in frying pan on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add a pinch of celery salt and stir in. Add your eggs. Feel free to top with pepper, cheese, and hot sauce of your choice!
mushroom apple crisp
This one might be our favorite right now. Feel free to have it for breakfast or dessert!
- 1 Quarter pound of Lions Mane
- 2 Skinned and Sliced SWEET Apples
* Slice Lions Mane and add to pan of butter with the apples. Cook on medium heat, covered. Remove from heat when the apples have caramelized. Add cinnamon to taste and if you want to me it a bit sweeter add a little sugar!
- Blended half pound Oyster Mushroom
- Blended 2 tbsp cashews or nut of your choice
- 5 tbsp bread crumbs. Feel free to make your own gluten free bread crumbs
* Mix all above ingredients in a bowl. Then add and mix in all the following
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- Add all seasonings to mushroom bowl
* This will make two mushroom burgers
* Cook on medium high heat
Mushroom stir fry
* Everyone knows how to make a stir fry that they like. This one is our very basic but tasty farmers market one. We use lions mane in it because for the bold meaty flavor you get!
- Half pound Mushrooms
- Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 heads of Bok Choy
- 3 -4 Medium sized carrots
- 2 Medium sized onions
* Cut Lions Mane into strips. Cut up all veggies. In a pan or wok add your sesame seed oil and let it heat up on medium high heat. Add your lions mane and allow it to cook for 1-2 min each side. The lions mane will absorb a lot of the oil so feel free to add a little extra. After the lions mane has finished cooking, add carrots and bok choy. When they have softened up a bit then add your onions. Continue to cook until onions have cooked down.
* At this point you can plate and enjoy or you can add a spicy ginger sauce or even one of those store bought sauces to make it thicker. If you add an additional sauce then only cook it for an additional 5 min uncovered.
Lion Mane cakes
Instead of going through how to make these. I always advice our customers to find a Crab Cake Recipe online that they would enjoy making and substitute the Crab Meat for Lions Mane. You will want to keep the weight measurement the same or go a bit heavy. What I mean by that is if the recipe calls for half a pound of crap meat then use a half of pound of lions mane.
* Top with a Celery Aholi!